Monday, January 28, 2013

When my world turned upsidedown

I love my job! I elder-sit with a dear sweet 92 yr old man named Mr James. He is so very polite, kind, and a great man. Most of the time, his mind is sharp and he has lovely memories to share. Occasionally, his mind fogs up and he doesn't know where he is. Sad.
Mr James is a fairly tall man, so his recliner was hard for him to get in and out of. His son modified it by setting the recliner on two pieces of 2x4s. This enabled Mr James to easily rise up out of that chair.
One evening, Mr James said he dropped a pill, so we looked everywhere. I moved the furniture around and all, still couldn't find the pill. We finished the evening as usual, with him in his chair watching the waltons. The next morning, while he finished his breakfast, I put his shoes on the end table beside his chair for him, and sat down to call his daughter to report how the night went. Just as I sat down, the chair slipped off those boards, and flipped backwards. My back was on the ground, my feet in the air, and a floor lamp had crashed and broken on top of me. Ugh. At least the bookshelf didn't come down on me also(:
I'm glad Mr James wasn't in the chair when it happened. That chair had been that way for the entire year I've worked there, without a problem. Leave it to me!! Lol
Oh.my.back(:

1 comment:

Pam said...

Only you girlfriend! Glad your okay. I knew I felt a tremor! lol!