Sunday, February 23, 2014

Grapevines

When I hear the word grapevine...my first thought is about the song...I heard it through the grapevine.  I also think about the plant, but not first of all.
When I was a kid, we played grapevine games...rumor.. where one child says a phrase whispered into anthers ear.. down the line until the end result is usually hilarious.
Lately I have been guilty of self inflicted solitary confinement. Where I keep to myself and don't want to bother anyone cause everyone seems so stressed and I don't want to add to their stress.  Now if someone needs me...No matter how stressed I am...I want to be there for them. I don't know why it's so hard for me to allow others to be there for me.
I want to be a better family member and a better friend. I want to keep in touch better and share the everyday things we do. The smiles and the tears.
Lord, let it begin with me.

No comments: